A lot of people are surprised to learn that their skin is the largest organ in their body. It performs several key functions for the body: it helps regulate your body’s temperature, it protects the body from the harmful effects of the sun, releases toxins via sweat, and provides support for the body.
Juicing is one of the best things you can do for your body. It allows you to pack a mega-dose of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants into a glass of delicious goodness. That’s why it’s becoming a popular tool in the battle to slow aging, and improve overall health. And your skin plays an essential role in keeping you healthy and looking good.
Here are five of the best foods to juice so your skin glows from the inside out:
Cucumber juice is high in water content which ensures your body is able to flush toxins, and your skin remains hydrated. Cucumbers are high in Vitamins K, C, B6, and calcium and magnesium.
Beetroot juice contains Vitamins A, C, K, and is rich in iron and potassium. This is one of the best juices for your skin because it can reduce blemishes. It’s also sweet so it makes a nice addition to green juices such as spinach and kale.
Spinach juice is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants which help lighten your skin and improve your complexion. Most people don’t like straight spinach juice but it’s excellent when mixed with other juices such as apple, pomegranate, and pineapple.
Adding lemon juice to your water or juice, will assist your body in detoxing by encouraging your intestines to loosen toxins. It’s not only packed with Vitamin C; it also aids in the production of collagen in skin. Regularly consuming lemon juice can help in dealing with acne and dark spots.
Pomegranates are an excellent source of Vitamins C & K, and are rich in antioxidants which aid in cell renewal.
For best results:
- Drink juices on an empty stomach for the best absorption.
- Choose the freshest, healthiest produce for your juices.
- Only juice as much as you can consume. Juices start losing their nutritional benefits a few hours after juicing.
- Do not add sugar or salt to your juices. Adding a pinch of pink salt or a little bit of honey will eliminate sourness.
- Blend two or more juices for better flavor. Spinach makes a great base for most juices, adding pomegranate or beets will add more nutrients and a nice sweetness.
- Ginger is an excellent addition to your juice blend. It imparts a zing which takes your juice from ordinary to special. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties which help soothe many skin conditions such as acne.
Regularly consuming these juices is an excellent way to keep your skin healthy and glowing. Beauty really does start from within so make sure to incorporate these juices into your daily routine and you’ll start seeing amazing results.